- Role: BeBanjo
- Commitment: Fulltime
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned media companies (e.g. BBS, Disney, Discovery, Paramount) worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way with the help of our broadcast management system.
To support media companies in their growth in this fast-paced media world, we deliver innovative software solutions on premise or web-based in the cloud that optimize the life cycle of their content across channels and services.
Be key to this stimulating new journey and help change the game of media operations with state-of-the-art technologies as the new Backend Software Engineer at BeBanjo!
BeBanjo, part of MEDIAGENIX, is the reference non-linear scheduling system. It is well known for developing a software solution that allows some of the world's most successful media companies such as BBC Studios, ITV and WarnerMedia to create schedules and plans to manage workflows, rights and metadata simply and efficiently.
- At BeBanjo, developers work in two independent teams: Project and Product. The Project team takes care of building custom integrations for our clients, while the Product team is responsible for maintaining and implementing new features for our core Products. We are currently hiring for the Product team.
- Implementing a new filter on our Elasticsearch-powered search UI.
- Designing a roadmap to upgrade a big Ruby on Rails 5.0 app to Rails 6.0.
- Creating an implementation plan for a big feature, breaking it down into smaller tasks, documenting and estimating them.
- Investigating and fixing a performance problem on one of our Sidekiq workers.
- Writing documentation for a new endpoint on our REST API.
These are some examples of problems that our Products team faces:
- You have significant experience building digital products of any kind
- You have some experience with our stack: Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Vue.js, HotWire…
- You understand the importance of having a solid test suite, and you’re willing to write lots of tests
- You are empathetic and curious
- You are able to communicate your arguments clearly, and listen to others
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of your team
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision
- You know how to get things done, keeping yourself organized and focused
- You’d like to work in an international team of talented and considerate people
Don’t rule yourself out if you think you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re looking for keen learners with a great attitude.
What we offer
- Work from anywhere in Spain with flexible schedules so that you can be there for the people you love, avoid commuting every day, be a nomad, find the environment where you’re most productive, and plan your day exactly how you like it.
- An indefinite contract. We value long-term relationships with our staff.
- Great flexibility to enjoy however you prefer your 23 days of annual holidays (in addition to the regular bank holidays).
- Support for your continuing education and professional growth: books, workshops, conferences…
- An inclusive, supportive, and stable environment where your best work can happen.
Excited? Us too! Take the next step by applying below and let us demonstrate the endless possibilities at MEDIAGENIX.
We're already looking forward to meeting you!