Senior Front-End Developer (6 months)
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium
- Role: Product Development
- Commitment: Contractor
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
As a Senior Product Front End Developer you will be part of the exciting times here at MEDIAGENIX, come and put the building blocks together for the MEDIAGENIX services of the future, as our product WHATS’ON is evolving to a modular cloud-based service. Be key to this stimulating new journey and help change the game of media operations with state-of-the-art technologies, enable renowned media companies worldwide to grow.
How you ensure a flawless product
- You will be part of an agile team, along with a product owner, scrum master, QAs and other developers to deliver value increment using a scrum approach
- You will actively contribute to the solution (“how”) based on user stories (“what/why”) along with the team
- You will maintain or increase the quality of the application by applying the right set of coding patterns, best practices, and test automation
Our wish list
- You are a front-end software engineer experienced in web development technologies with +3 years of experience. Our stack is based on React / Typescript, integrating with a Java (Spring Boot, Kotlin) back-end
- You have a degree in Information Science or Engineering and/or have proven experience with large, agile project development
- Have experience with large-scale distributed systems is a plus (e.g. Apache Kafka).
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g. XP, scrum, Kanban) is an extra.
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code is nice to have.
- You show interest in the media world.
- You communicate fluently in English.
- We offer a competitive salary, including many benefits.
- MEDIAGENIX cares for its employees and therefor offers a healthy work/life balance.
- You grow = We grow! We assure the development of your talents and continuous coaching and support.
We are a human-centered employer, we speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Interested in joining the tribe?
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium