Scrum Master Lead
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium
- Role: MGX Leadership
- Commitment: Fulltime
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
Are you eager to learn and grow in a flexible and fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment?
MEDIAGENIX is looking for a passionate Scrum Master Lead with at least 5 years of experience as either scrum master or agile coach in complex agile environments. If you get energized from coaching people on the agile way of working and helping organizations achieve their goals in a collaborative way, you should apply now!
- You are responsible for aligning the way of working across scrum masters and agile squads (10+) to enable versatility and flexibility without jeopardizing individual squad identity.
- You actively coach scrum masters in their role, providing continuous feedback and participating in periodical performance assessments.
- You participate in people processes for scrum masters: hiring, internal mobility, career growth, salary discussions…
- You monitor scrum master wellbeing and take corrective action together with our Human Resource colleagues if needed.
- You actively promote transparency across scrum masters and squads, aligning on metrics (OKRs) that can help squads grow and enabling a model of (objective) continuous improvement.
- You organize and facilitate quarterly planning events during which agile squads build their delivery plan for the next 3 months.
- You identify and remove impediments affecting more than one agile squad or requiring collaboration across multiple agile squads.
- You participate in our ACI council to address tensions and implement improvements following S3 (Sociocracy 3.0) patterns.
- You also take up the role of scrum master for one of our agile squads. This allows you to experience the typical challenges they face first-hand.
- You have a proven track record as a scrum master or agile coach in complex environments for at least 5 years.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) certification
- You are familiar with key agile concepts and are able to get these across e.g. relative estimation, prioritization, bottom-up planning, team velocity, sprint completion rate…
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities, with a focus on servant leadership and continuous improvement
- You have extensive people management / coaching experience e.g. as a team lead. Experience working with distributed or remote teams is a plus
- Your regular presence in the HQ office (Groot-Bijgaarden) is required to coach and train the team
- You have successfully prepared for and facilitated big room plannings (PI planning, quarterly planning…) in the past.
- You are transparent in everything you do and promote this transparency to the people you work with.
- You are a great listener yet at the same time a convincing conversation partner able to get a message across.
- You are supportive and empathic but also confident and well-organized.
- You master English fluently, spoken and written. Any other language knowledge is a plus.
- Information security is at the core of our business, so it is of paramount importance that you respect the specific security provisions related to the execution of your job.
- We offer a competitive salary, including many benefits.
- MEDIAGENIX cares for its employees and therefore offers a healthy work/life balance.
You grow = We grow! We assure the development of your talents and continuous coaching and support.
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium