Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium
- Role: Finance & Administration
- Commitment: Fulltime
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
MEDIAGENIX is a Belgian company which ranks among the top tech vendors in the international media industry with M&E Business Management Suite WHATS’ON. Customers include OTT streamers and VOD platforms, public and commercial radio & TV stations, telcos, and video service providers. Over 150 leading media groups across the globe manage a total of more than 2,000 channels and services with WHATS’ON through our offices in Belgium, USA, Singapore and Thailand.
MEDIAGENIX is looking for a result-driven Financial Controller, directly reporting to the CFO, to manage our accounting team in order to provide the necessary support in a fast-growing, international and entrepreneurial environment.
This position will be located at our HQ in Brussels (Groot-Bijgaarden).
- You ensure timely and accurate registration and posting of the profit and loss accounts and the reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- You manage the team (5 FTE) responsible for credit collection, GL, AR and AP accounting and financial administration
- You managed and drive the month-end close process of our various subsidiaries, including the consolidation of the different legal entities
- You develop a strong business partnering mindset and closely collaborate with the various departments
- You are responsible for statutory reporting in each of the entities across the globe
- You manage – together with external tax counsel - the intercompany and transfer pricing transactions and both direct and indirect tax returns for the various entities
- You monitor our working capital and corresponding cash flow management
- You engage with our Internal Applications team to continuously improve our systems and tools from a financial process perspective
- You have a degree in economics and earned your spurs in a finance or audit environment
- You have several years of relevant experience in a similar role
- You have thorough knowledge of BE GAAP and knowledge on IFRS
- You have worked in an international environment in consolidation accounting
- You lead by example, have a hands-on mentality, solution thinking mindset, strong analytical skills and can set the right priorities
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal as in writing
- You are tech-savvy and have working experience with ERP packages/tools
- You will be part of a truly global organization.
- We offer a competitive salary, including many benefits.
- MEDIAGENIX cares for its employees and offers a healthy work/life balance.
- You grow = We grow! We assure the development of your talents and continuous coaching and support.
We are a human-centered employer, we speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Interested in joining the tribe?
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium