Lead SaaS Operations
1702, Dilbeek, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Role: Business Consultancy
- Commitment: Fulltime
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
“We will make your life easier.” That is the promise this awesome tribe makes to public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos. With WHATS’ON, our market-leading business management platform for the media and entertainment industry, we enable clients worldwide to maximize the return on their investment in content, by helping them engage their audiences and streamline their content supply chain. Containing costs with operational efficiency is key in their endeavour.
We are now looking for a hands-on Lead SaaS operations to strengthen our leadership team.
You are here to play a critical role in the expansion of MEDIAGENIX as you will build, structure and lead the SAAS Operations team and come forward as a leader, strategist and innovator for the globally distributed team. Your position combines strategy definition, technology management, team coordination, daily follow-up, administration and pragmatic process management.
You play a key part in implementing, migrating and maintaining our fast growing number of WHATS’ON cloud customers across multiple cloud setups. This includes the enhancement, support and maintenance of all critical components in our hosted SaaS platform. As all your responsibilities cover our 3 regions (EMEA, US, APAC), you provide services on a global basis. You report to the COO and are part of the MEDIAGENIX leadership team.
- Build, structure and lead the SAAS Operations team and lead the team of internationally based Platform/Cloud/Dev Ops Engineers supporting managed services, cloud and SaaS offerings (EMEA, USA, APAC).
- Assume responsibility for client-facing SaaS/PaaS operations.
- Organize regular client-service meetings together with the Support and Account manager.
- Ensure that case workload is appropriately distributed and the organization is structured and built to deal with increasing numbers of SaaS/PaaS clients and products.
- Budget responsibility: responsible for budget reporting and forecasting as well as initiatives to optimize the running costs of our cloud operations.
- Ensure stable and scalable operations, support and incident management of our Business Management portfolio to our SaaS clients across the world.
- Ensure end-to-end quality of service for SaaS together with the Project Implementation, Customer Services and Product teams.
- Measure, track and report platform performance against customer SLAs and internal goals/KPIs while building strong customers relationships.
- Ensure appropriate engagement across teams and root cause analysis of production issues.
- Take charge of communicating risks, outages, and planned system changes that may affect the uptime and activities of clients’ environments.
- Serve as platform incident escalation manager for the most critical issues, while developing incident management discipline within the team to provide coverage for less critical issues.
- Lead post-incident reviews and drive root-cause analysis across teams. Operationalize new technologies and applications in conjunction with our platform/IT/infra engineering and development teams.
Support for presales process
- Support Sales & Account Managers and Sales Engineers in presales processes.
- Help convince customers and prospects of our SaaS and PaaS solutions, leading the presales conversations & presentations and answering RFP’s in the platform / SaaS area.
- Analyze the impact of Application Architecture & Product evolutions (applications, API integrations, SSO, security, …) on IT Infrastructure Architecture and propose & implement improvements.
- Oversee and drive the Cloud Architecture road map definition and execution: Design, Implementation, Maintenance and continuous improvement of robust, secure and performant IT infrastructure/platforms on AWS Cloud for all purposes: production, testing, pre-sales, staging, upgrade projects, PaaS, etc.
- We are looking for a hands-on and operations-driven person whose focus extends beyond pure strategy. You are skilled in implementing automation methods and frameworks in a large-scale environment (with the support of the team). You should have good process management foundations and know how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires an international background and the right balance between the following technical and ‘soft ‘skills.
- Customer focused
- Team management combining people focus and leadership abilities (motivate, challenge, train) with a strategic mind and excellent project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and pragmatic execution skills
- Highly developed problem-solving and high-level reasoning skills
- Strong vendor management, stakeholder management and partner relation skills
- Ability to influence and lead change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business & technology leaders (ability to represent the organization to customers, CTO’s…)
- Excellent knowledge of English (both written and spoken), other languages are an asset
- Sound work experience in IT infrastructure, architecture and operations (on-prem & AWS cloud, and other cloud providers)
- Expertise in implementing automated methods to accomplish platform & service deployments at large scale
- Systems Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Technical skillset: Database Administration (Oracle and PostgreSQL), Systems Security Certification, Identity Management (Single Sign On, Provisioning Systems), Monitoring high availability platforms …
- Experience in dealing with lift-and-shift environments and cloud-native solutions
People & communication skills
- We offer you a strategic position in a growing company.
- The salary & benefits package is based on your experience and competencies and in line with the market.
MEDIAGENIX is a people-centered employer. We speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Interested in joining this proud tribe? Please apply through our careers section on the MEDIAGENIX website.
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
1702, Dilbeek, Flemish Region, Belgium