Database Administrator (DBA)
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium
- Role: SAAS
- Commitment: Fulltime
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
MEDIAGENIX has a mix of Oracle and PostgreSQL databases, both hosted by our customers (legacy) or in our cloud environment (AWS). We develop software as Windows desktop applications in SmallTalk (legacy) and as containerized Sprint Boot applications written in Kotlin with a React front-end. We are migrating (rewriting) our current software to our new web stack, which includes a move to the Cloud and PostgreSQL.
- Keep the database practice within MEDIAGENIX state-of-the-art, which includes setup, automation, usage, scaling, monitoring, security, and testing.
- Support the development team with respect to database concerns (tuning, optimization, scaling, design, …).
- Support the migration work and propose creative solutions to ensure clean and efficient data migration.
- Constantly optimize and tune our databases for on-prem customers and our cloud (AWS) environment.
- Coach other developers to help them build better solutions, leveraging what a modern database offers.
- Optimize the CI/CD pipe to handle data needs, testability, and performance testing.
- Ensure proper practices are in place for backup and disaster recovery.
- With your analytical mindset, you strive to find pragmatic technical solutions to business challenges.
- You are proactive and eager to find structural solutions to recurring problems.
- As a true team player, you are happy to contribute and support.
- Proven experience with Oracle database, PostgreSQL database, especially with AWS RDS: installation, management, configuration and tuning, SQL, and query optimization.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL.
- Infrastructure background same as Docker, K8S and Helm Charts is desired.
- Knowledge of other data technology is a plus (NoSQL, mongo, Kafka, elastic search, …).
- We offer a competitive salary, including many benefits.
- MEDIAGENIX cares for its employees and provides a healthy work/life balance.
- You grow = We grow! We assure the development of your talents and continuous coaching and support.
We are a human-centered employer. We speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Interested in joining the tribe?
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
Groot-Bijgaarden / hybrid, Belgium