1702, Dilbeek, Flemish Region, Belgium
- Role: Analysis & Development
- Commitment: Fulltime
The mission of this awesome tribe at MEDIAGENIX is to enable renowned public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers and telcos to bring content to the viewer with our broadcast management system called WHATS’ON.
Energised by the fast pace of the media landscape and inspired by our close and longstanding cooperation with our customers, we take pride in constantly developing, expanding and optimising our product with the speed, efficiency and pleasure we also owe to our agile development techniques. This persistent effort to delight the customer pushes us to further strengthen our leadership in Europe and continue expanding into other continents.
Evolved from our craftsmanship in Agile software development, our Lean & Agile processes and approach are part of our DNA and enable us to rapidly introduce new techniques and services that secure our lead in the fast-paced media landscape.
New developments are a permanent part of our activities, and we aim to keep our software building method and customer solutions as efficient and pleasant as possible.
You are in charge of data conversions from WHATS’ON to other formats required by the customer and visualising WHATS’ON data.
- Your first focus is to design and develop reports and interfaces by extracting XML information from WHATS’ON and using XSL and/or Python technology to do so
- You create data visualisations by using WHATS’ON data
- You communicate with the customers about the custom development of reports and train key users at the customer side on how to work efficiently with our integration products
- You give technical assistance to the Customer Support department for everything concerning integrations
- You give regular status updates to Project Management
The team feels very strongly about customer contact and support and wants the customer to experience our product and services in the best possible way. With your fellow report developers, you will be in charge of building reports and interfaces that are a key part of WHATS’ON. This includes active involvement in detail analysis and designing, coding and testing the solution. Your colleagues will train you in the development environment, the development techniques used and, obviously, in the business concepts of the television world
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree
- You have the proven ability to learn software quickly, and you are confident about your technical skills and abilities. Interest in software and willingness to learn is more important than experience
- You are strongly interested in a wide scale of different integration concepts
- You have experience with one or multiple interface technologies and concepts: XML, XSD/WSDL, SOAP, REST, Swagger/OpenAPI, JSON, etc
- You are familiar with relational databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL, and you master SQL.
- You have an analytical mindset and are good in finding your way in data models
- Knowledge of a BI visualization tools like Tableau is a plus
- You are good at analysing, mapping, documenting and solving problems
- You have a can-do attitude; you are result-oriented, resilient, aiming for the win-win and going the extra mile when needed
- Juggling multiple projects and customers simultaneously comes naturally to you
- Information security is at the core of our business, so it is of paramount importance that you respect the specific security provisions related to the execution of your job.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills, you love working in a team, but you’re also capable of working independently
- You are keen to travel abroad to give customers the needed support. You have the required communication skills and fluency in English to provide training in report building or show customers how to make reports themselves
- We offer a competitive salary, including many benefits.
- MEDIAGENIX cares for its employees and therefor offers a healthy work/life balance.
- You grow = We grow! We assure the development of your talents and continuous coaching and support.
We are a human-centered employer, we speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Interested in joining the tribe?
When you are enjoying content on TV, radio, smartphone, tablet or PC, you are also watching the works of the team that helps put that content right there. The mission of this awesome tribe is to enable renowned media companies worldwide to bring content to the viewer in the most efficient and future-proof way.
Our customers include public and commercial radio and TV stations, on-demand platforms, OTT streamers, telcos and their service providers. BBC, Discovery, Disney, Viacom, ... they all go for growth in this excitingly fast-paced media world.
To help them grow, we deliver innovative software solutions—on premise or web-based in the cloud—that optimise the life cycle of their content across channels and services. These modular solutions constitute the most advanced and efficient backbone for media operations, streamlining the content supply chain from acquisition over planning, scheduling and rights management to publication and beyond.
The state-of-the-art technologies we use, our agile development methodologies, the transparent way in which we collaborate as a team, and the inspiring co-creation with our customers have taken us to the top of tech vendors in the international media world. Join us on this magnificent journey.
1702, Dilbeek, Flemish Region, Belgium