With Rights Out, MEDIAGENIX extends rights management to content distribution and licensing. Integrated with our Broadcast Management System WHATS’ON this cloud-native solution completes your overview on the consumption of rights across scheduling and sales. Rights Out cuts through the complexity and pitfalls of selling rights, eliminates time consuming chores, and leaves more time to optimise a key revenue stream.
Optimize a key revenue stream
Rights Out supports the complete sales workflow, enabling your commercial department or distribution unit to
- manage a catalogue of saleable rights;
- ensure that rights can be shared across scheduling and sales departments;
- make a proposal to the market, or at request of a potential customer, and define clearly the licensed rights, conditions, pricing;
- be warned about conflicts with your own exploitation right and the already sold rights;
- process the actions to be performed in order to conclude a deal: clearing rights with actors, archives, rights owners;
- finalize the deal via a deal memo document that will officialise the agreement;
- manage the costs and revenue distribution to the various parties involved.
Make the world an offer it cannot refuse
The sales catalogue lists the titles that can be sold as well as the distribution rights, which describe where, when and how these titles can be sold. You might, for instance, have your top-running show on sale as TVOD or SVOD in Australia the first half of 2021.
Supporting offers and deals
Offers and Deals in Rights Out support the sales workflow with (potential) buyers. Additional information about the proposal will be stored according as the offer converts into a deal. Throughout this entire workflow the licence rights capture the rights information you are selling to the buyer. On the licence right you will, for instance, specify that the deal concerns a TVOD right in Australia for three months, in English, for 10,000 euros and that the buyer has exclusive rights within the first month.
Rights Out also supports the sales of holdbacks, which grant additional exclusivity to the buyer.
Keeping track of tasks
In order to finalise the deal, additional clearing for a music piece might be needed, or additional subtitles need to be produced. You can keep track of all this work to avoid that the deal is jeopardized because crucial steps have been skipped.
Suppliers, Rights Holders and Revenue Distribution further help to ensure that the negotiated price covers all of the costs and fees of a proposal to a customer.
Scheduling and distribution in perfect sync
Once the deal with the customer is finalised, the new rights information has an effect on the scheduling department. A show might need rescheduling to comply with exclusivity provisions, for instance.
All of this information is synchronised seamlessly between both systems and both the scheduling and distribution departments will be kept up to date of any upcoming changes.
Dashboards in Rights Out can help to ensure that deadlines are met or help to better understand which titles are most profitable.
Discover unrivalled efficiencies across departments
Cutting through complexity and eliminating time consuming and error-prone chores, you will find more time to close more deals with optimum efficiency.
So contact us for more information if you:
- have difficulties in communicating the impact of sales to your scheduling system, especially regarding exclusivity provisions and holdbacks that limit the consumption of rights;
- are struggling with information that is scattered over multiple sources, and are missing a comprehensive overview on the titles and rights you can sell;
- want to be sure that rights are cleared and all material is physically available when you licence titles;
- want to comply with agreements and avoid litigation, no matter how many parties are involved and how complex the license agreement gets;
- tend to lose track of communication around proposals, deals and sales;
- find it time consuming to follow up tasks, and complex to manage conflicts and clashes in licences and rights with so many parties involved;
- are tired of copying data from the scheduling system, Excel sheets or paper documents;
- feel you could make more deals if only the information was consolidated in a central place.
Feel free to contact us.