MEDIAGENIX has signed the United Nations Global Compact. This is a commitment signed by organizations and companies across the globe to implement a sustainable and socially responsible policy and to report on its implementation. At the core of this commitment are 10 principles in the area of Human Rights, Labour, Environment, and Anti-corruption.
Early next year we will enter a ‘Communication on Progress’ outlining our efforts to operate responsibly and support society.
The 10 principles of the United Nations Global Compact are derived from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the International Labour Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development, and the United Nations Convention Against Corruption.
Businesses that sign the United Nations Global Compact commit to:
- support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses;
- uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- uphold the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- uphold the effective abolition of child labour;
- uphold the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation;
- support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies;
- work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
With the Global Compact logo, we show clients, partners, prospects and the whole industry our commitment to corporate responsibility.
For more information, contact Elke Pardon, MEDIAGENIX Legal & HR Support Coordinator: email@example.com