Do you love a good, invigorating challenge? We invite you to plunge into the media business, a world in a constant state of flux. Add a rapidly changing tech environment, and what do you get? Life in the fast lane: leveraging state-of-the-art technologies and architectures to innovate the next-generation media business. You are the architect whose vision and knowhow will ensure that our solutions give our customers a competitive edge in this era of disruption.
• As solution architect in a team of like-minded souls you design and implement software architectures, in close contact with the internal stakeholders and interacting with customers.
• Closely following the latest trends in your field, you develop innovative projects. You see the big picture and steer the architecture, design and development, from initial concept to technical delivery, complete with tests.
• You manage, coach and co-ordinate a team of software engineers. You are their point of contact and you assist them daily in the development of the desired solution. This way you also help them rise to the next level.
• You give accurate technical advice to colleagues and customers.
• You report to the Project Manager.
• We offer a comprehensive remuneration package with fringe benefits, including luncheon vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance.
• Intensive on-the-job training, permanent support and continuing education are provided.
• We attach great importance to a sound work-life balance, with extra days off, recreational possibilities and flexible working hours.
• Your workplace is in Groot-Bijgaarden, but part of the time you can work from our satellite offices near Ghent, Leuven and Mechelen, or from home.
• With a proven track record as solution architect and extensive knowledge of development methods, technologies, architectures and standards (Java, Web, Mobile), you take projects in hand and get things moving with a clear and mature vision on your role.
• It has become a second nature to you to design and implement complex systems.
• You address new projects and challenges with zest and cast-iron nerves, always eager to learn.
• You have a clear view on the technical risks and you anticipate with strategies to mitigate them.
• With your ability to think and reason on an abstract level, you analyse stakeholder requests with great accuracy, come up with a tailor-made solution, and succeed in selling it to the team.
• Agile software development holds no secrets for you.
• You have experience with coaching a team and steering people with communicative flair.
At MEDIAGENIX we enable media companies, such as broadcasters, content providers, platform and telco operators, to grow in the fascinating and ever-changing media landscape. We do this by delivering innovative solutions that optimise their management of VOD and linear channels, and the life cycle of their content.
Our integrated software suite WHATS’ON has developed into the most advanced broadcast management platform, the backbone of media operations.
We are a strong tribe that speak up, dare, share and keep promises made. Agile, and inspired by our very close and longstanding cooperation with our customers, we take pride in constantly developing, expanding and optimising our solution. Our continuous efforts to delight the customer further strengthen our leadership in Europe and expansion worldwide.
We develop our software in a pure OO environment. The Agile development methodologies enable us to rapidly introduce new techniques and services. New developments are a permanent part of our activities and we aim to keep our software building method as efficient and pleasant as possible.